Ah, Tinder. Everyone is on it. From your best friend to your co-workers, they are all on it. How convenient it is now to casually look through all your local eye candy without even leaving your house!
Are you scratching your head right now? Maybe you have no clue what Tinder is. Well, once I tell you, maybe you’ll be downloading it to survey your local cuties. So what is Tinder? Tinder is an online dating app. What makes it different is the concept. It’s ridiculously simple. You download the app, pick a sexy profile picture of yourself or link it to your Facebook profile, indicate which way you swing, and you’re all set. Once you’ve done all this, Tinder will find people located in your area. There will be photos of them that will pop up and it’s up to you to determine whether or not you find them hot. That’s also easy, just swipe on your screen: yes, yes, no, no, hell no…etc.,.
Then the really fun part comes, you get to talk to a complete stranger. How the conversation goes is completely up to you. Looking for a hookup, there are plenty of people looking for those. Or are you hoping to truly find your match? That’s possible too, maybe you’ll have to put in a little more work though. Just being honest!
The concept sounds like a perfect chance for romance right? If you couldn’t tell I’m being a bit sarcastic. But to be honest, it can intrigue many people. I mean it’s pretty awesome for you to be able to meet people without even leaving your home? Despite what we use Tinder for, some of us use to strictly for dating while others use it as a tool to find some nearby hookups or even as a stroke to the ego when we find so many hotties are a match to us. Tinder is a legit app with millions of users.
According to Tinder, they have made over 100 million matches so far but let’s not ignore the completely shady side of Tinder. As a beautiful young woman, while there may be a match out there in the Tinder universe for you, you will find yourself being subjected to lewd requests such as “Send me a nude,” or “show me ‘dat ass’ girl.” Charming right? So if you do decide to try Tinder for the first time, downloader beware!
Or if you prefer to just see what I learned on Tinder, just keep reading. Here are some of the things Tinder taught me about dating:
- My thoughts about everyone’s physical appearance definitely made me realize I had a type I liked. I still don’t know if it’s a good thing or bad thing.
- Any conversation you start with a complete stranger can and will be awkward. At least it strengthened my interpersonal skills…somewhat.
- You only have one shot to impress the person of interest. Or vice versa. If you flub it up, you’ll probably get laughed at or blow your shot completely.
- But if you come up with a clever greeting or one liner, it’s hook, line, and sinker. Guys like intelligent girls.
- Be wary of the perfect selfie. If the guy looks too perfect or the filter looks too suspect, his profile picture is probably too good to be true. This can mean he looks totally different in person or he’s highly into himself. Or it can mean he’s both, so tread carefully.
- You’ll find out that everyone has the same goals. You love working out? Me too! Traveling? Ohemgee, I love to travel. I’m such a foodie. I love food! You get the point. We all happen to like the same things.
- You will get some very rude comments. Some men, well boys, just have no manners. So expect the ridiculous comments and sometimes the insults if their requests are denied or unanswered. Sometimes it can be very entertaining to read how angry they get though.
- You’re automatically hot if you have hot friends. Let’s just hope the guy thinks you are the hottest friend.
- It’s ok to say “no” to a photo because you don’t know who the actual guy is. This has happened when there are two or more guys in a photo. I mean who does that?
- You’ll get matched to guys based on your random interests on Facebook. So if you randomly liked a page from years ago, you may have a chance to be matched based solely on that!
I hope you found my little tinder dating experience anecdote an interesting one. But before you go, while I was researching about online dating and being the nerd that I am, the actual likelihood that any virtual relationship can become successful, I came across this product by #1 Relationship Bestseller Michael Fiore called Online Allure Formula which gives everyday girls like us powerful secrets and an unbeatable attraction formula to understand the sometimes unbearably confusing emotional psychology of men (and yet they call women complicated?!?) when it comes to online dating so that any girl (whether she is 18 or 80, a size 2 or a size 20, short or tall, professional or unemployed) can create a profile that will attract the exact type of guy that you want. So be sure to check it out!